Intelligent Reasoning

Promoting, advancing and defending Intelligent Design via data, logic and Intelligent Reasoning and exposing the alleged theory of evolution as the nonsense it is. I also educate evotards about ID and the alleged theory of evolution one tard at a time and sometimes in groups

Monday, October 06, 2008

The Dawkins' Delusion

The Dawkins Delusion

Richard Dawkins- Science by decree and a strawman or two thrown in:

I wanted to give ID its best shot, however poor that best shot might be. I must have been feeling magnanimous that day, because I was aware that the leading advocates of Intelligent Design are very fond of protesting that they are not talking about God as the designer, but about some unnamed and unspecified intelligence, which might even be an alien from another planet. Indeed, this is the only way they differentiate themselves from fundamentalist creationists, and they do it only when they need to, in order to weasel their way around church/state separation laws.- Dawkins


Earth to Dick- Science can be neither legislated nor adjudicated. And if applied equally your atheistic position would also be out as it too violates church/ State laws.

Also ID doesn’t care who or what the designer is. If it is "God" then your point is moot as science only cares about reality.

BTW Creation doesn’t allow for universal common descent. ID doesn’t say.


So, bending over backwards to accommodate the IDiots ("oh NOOOOO, of course we aren't talking about God, this is SCIENCE") and bending over backwards to make the best case I could for intelligent design, I constructed a science fiction scenario.


Which is what you are good at- constructing science fiction scenarios and passing them off as science. As if your position of happy accidents can muster experimental scrutiny. THAT is what you should be working on as opposed to making unsubstantiated decrees.

The conclusion I was heading towards was that, even in the highly unlikely event that some such 'Directed Panspermia' was responsible for designing life on this planet, the alien beings would THEMSELVES have to have evolved, if not by Darwinian selection, by some equivalent 'crane' (to quote Dan Dennett).


And why is that? How can we tellone way or another if we cannot study those aliens? Oh yeah, science by decree.

My point here was that design can never be an ULTIMATE explanation for organized complexity.


Because why? And BTW science doesn't do "ultimate explanations".

Even if life on Earth was seeded by intelligent designers on another planet, and even if the alien life form was itself seeded four billion years earlier, the regress must ultimately be terminated (and we have only some 13 billion years to play with because of the finite age of the universe). Organized complexity cannot just spontaneously happen. That, for goodness sake, is the creationists' whole point, when they bang on about eyes and bacterial flagella!


Strawman alert! No Creationist organization holds the position that organized complexity just spontaneously happens. The automobile didn’t spontaneously happen. Neither did your home PC.

In the Creation model "God" supplies the organized complexity. Duh.

Evolution by natural selection is the only known process whereby organized complexity can ultimately come into being.


But pre-biotic natural selection is a contradiction in terms.

And btw evolution by natural selection has NEVER been demonstrated to do anything besides slightly altering existing populations. And even then those variations wobble around the norm.

Organized complexity -- and that includes everything capable of designing anything intelligently -- comes LATE into the universe. It cannot exist at the beginning, as I have explained again and again in my writings.


The Great Dick has spoken! Science by decree!!!!

Explanations are worthless without the data to substantiate them.

16 Comments:

  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm just glad to see you are alive!

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger blipey said…

    Come on, Joe. Don't avoid it. What's your numbr for the age of the earth?

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Joe G said…

    Umm blipey, I have already told you.

    And what I told you isn't going to change even if you keep asking.

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger blipey said…

    Um, you didn't tell me. I believe you said, "No one knows how old the earth is."

    You also said that no one knows. You also babbled about how one would have to know how it was formed, implying that no one knows. Also, instead of giving a number you said you don't know.

    So, please Go here and answer the question

    Thanks.

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Joe G said…

    blipey:
    Um, you didn't tell me. I believe you said, "No one knows how old the earth is."

    THAT is my answer.

    blipey:
    You also babbled about how one would have to know how it was formed, implying that no one knows.

    No babbling- that is a fact of life. One has to know something about how the object in question was formed before one can give an educated attempt at the age of said object.

    blipey:
    Also, instead of giving a number you said you don't know.

    And THAT is my answer. Any one who says they "know" the age of the Earth is full of shit.

    I also asked you your rational for your number- you never answered and you never answered the premier question- do you think there are any issues regarding estimating the age of the Earth.

    So you have two unanswered questions that you need to work on.

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger blipey said…

    Joe, we can't have a discussion if I'm the ony one giving any starting points. I gave mine: 6 billion. I'm more than willing to discuss that number, but would like you to give your starting point so we can work on this n good faith. You've said that you don't believe the Earth is 6,000 years old. So, you must have eliminated SOME numbers. Inform us of the range of ages you believe valid for the Earth.

    Please post your answer at this open forum where you've avoided answering

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger blipey said…

    No idea, huh? The only thing you now is that the Earth is NOT 6,000 years old?

    If you know it's not 6,000 years old that means you must have an inkling of another number in your head.

    What's that number?

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Joe G said…

    blipey:
    Joe, we can't have a discussion if I'm the ony one giving any starting points.

    Who said I want to discuss anything with you?

    As for the age of the Earth, I stated "I don't know" and that is not going to change.

    However it is sort of funny, in a sad way, to observe a dumbass clown go into a hissy-fit because it didn't like my answer.

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger blipey said…

    Well, the problem, Joe, is that you apparently want to be heard by someone (perhaps no me). You will not be able to have a discussion with anyone unless you are willing to state what your beliefs are. At every turn, you refuse to give simple answers to simple questions. There is no possibility of conversation with a person who behaves such.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Joe G said…

    blipey:
    Well, the problem, Joe, is that you apparently want to be heard by someone (perhaps no me).

    How is that a problem?

    blipey:
    You will not be able to have a discussion with anyone unless you are willing to state what your beliefs are.

    I have done that time and time again.

    That is what I do on this blog.

    blipey:
    At every turn, you refuse to give simple answers to simple questions.

    Liar. At every turn all you do is lie.

    blipey:
    There is no possibility of conversation with a person who behaves such.

    On that I agree- there is no possibility of having a discussion with a liar.

     
  • At 12:16 AM, Blogger blipey said…

    Simple question: How old do you think the Earth is?

    Joe's answer: ???? duh ????

    You obviously have a number in your head. Why don't you give it?

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Joe G said…

    blipey:
    Simple question: How old do you think the Earth is?

    1- Only an asshole would think that is a simple question

    2- I have already answered it- I don't know how old the Earth is. NOBODY KNOWS HOW OLD THE EARTH IS.

    blipey:
    You obviously have a number in your head.

    You obviously are an asshole. Why don't you give that up?

    Ya see clowny, I know there are many issues involved with estimating the age of the Earth.

    And seeing I am more interested in science than your guessing games I have no other recourse than to stick to my honest answer of "I don't know".

    However I understand that you and honesty go together as well as oil and water.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger blipey said…

    If you don't have a number in your head, how exactly is it that you know the Earth isn't 6,000 years old?

    You must have at least some sort of number in your head--otherwise you wouldn't logically be able to exclude any numbers (such as 6,000).

    Thanks for playing.

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Joe G said…

    If you don't have a number in your head, how exactly is it that you know the Earth isn't 6,000 years old?

    I don't know.

    I just know that I don't believe that it is.

    I also hapen to know that the ONLY "evidence" for a 6,000 year old Earth comes from an interpretation of the Bible.

    And it just so happens that I do not take the Bible as any kind of authority on anything. Which means I care even less for someone's interpretation of it.


    You must have at least some sort of number in your head--otherwise you wouldn't logically be able to exclude any numbers (such as 6,000).

    And who the fuck are YOU, a clown, to make such a declaration?

    IOW just because your fucked-up little mind thinks so doesn't make it so.


    Ya see moron, before I go making a claim as to how old the Earth is first I have to consider ALL the issues in making such a claim.

    IOW I am interested in science and you seem interested only in guessing games.

    Which means you are truly a mental midget.

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger blipey said…

    I'm the guy that says "if you have eliminated 6,000 years old, you must have a reason--otherwise you would not have eliminated it".

    The logic isn't that hard, Joe. It works for everyone; it's population commutative.

    I also am the one who read a statement of yours that taken at face value means you don't think the Earth is 6,000 years old. So, putting these 2 things together, you must have some sort of age range in mind (even if it is very large).

    Do you know who Dr. James Hutton was? You should look him up.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Joe G said…

    I'm the guy that says "if you have eliminated 6,000 years old, you must have a reason--otherwise you would not have eliminated it".

    You are just a moronic clown.

    And stop throwing around the word "logic" because you obviously don't know what it means.

    Ya see clowny YOU made a claim. YOU said I thought the Earth was 6,000 years old.

    I do not think that.

    You know why?

    2 reasons both already presented:

    1. Neither I nor anyone else on this planet knows how old the Earth is.

    2. A 6,000 year old Earth is based on someone's interpretation of a collection of books that I do not hold to be authoratative.


    Now only a stupid, fucked up imbecile would not be able to understand what I just posted.

    IOW blipey the clown will continue to refuse to understand my position even though I have put it in writing.

    So blipey, please be sure to inform me when you are in the New England area again. I really want to demonstrate natural selection for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home